Thursday, May 12, 2005

Killing 2 Birds with 1 Stone

I can’t remember if I posted anything thing about the recent rash of burglaries down town lately, but I do remember posting about my ghetto neighbors driving me crazy with their loud music and talking. Well, guess what? Both problems were solved for me yesterday when police raided my neighbor’s apartment and hauled her ass off to jail.

Apparently her brother, Agapito Negron and her 10-year-old son (the same kid I commented on before that is NEVER in school) have been cruising around Westchester with a couple of walkie-talkies. The kid would run up to and knock on the door to see if someone was home, then run back and report to Negron. Undercover officers saw the pair in action downtown recently and questioned them but had to let them go. After Negron’s fingerprint showed up in another burgled home they started casing his apartment.

Her boyfriend or husband (?) is still living next door, but the children have been taken into protective custody. It’s about time. It’s painful to see something you KNOW is wrong going on and not be able to do anything about it. My other neighbors and I have complained about those people for a long time. We have called the cops repeatedly. Someone even called CPS. It was obvious to all of us that some bad stuff was going on in that apartment and their two kids were living in the middle of it.

I’m just hoping the dude that’s still living there doesn’t decide to throw a big ol’ raging party now that his old lady is out of his hair.