Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh No - Here We Go

I was speaking to a buddy of mine yesterday on the phone when he asked me if I had seen anything in the news about the ACLU and East high. I told him I had heard something but didn’t know much about it. Then he told me that some gay students were suing the KHSD over censorship and that one of the girls involved in the suit is his sister. THEN he told me his sister had not told her father yet. Geez, that’s one hell of a way to let him know. He’s kicking back, feet up on the coffee table watching the news when all of the sudden he sees his daughter on there right in the middle of a homosexual law suit. Just imagine the look on HIS face.

According to the paper today, five East High students wrote some articles for their school paper The Kernal (hee hee – that’s a silly name) “exploring the lives, experiences, and concerns of gay students on campus.” The Principal John Gibson chose to block the articles from the publication. (I betcha he’s wishing he hadn’t done that now.) The students called the ACLU and they filed an emergency lawsuit yesterday.

I can’t wait to read the letters to the editor on this one. The crazies are going to be coming out of the woodwork.