Thursday, June 30, 2005

Buckarootiful!

I admit it. It was my mistake. I mistakenly assumed when the paper announced that Buck Owens wanted “regular people” to come on down to the Crystal Palace to sing “The Streets of Bakersfield” with him that he would want people who can actually sing. Or a least people who have heard the song before. I was wrong. From the looks of the picture in the paper (which I tried to steal and post for you but the stupid bakersfield.com website wasn’t working) most of the “regular people” were kids. And according to the article, most of the kids didn’t know the words to the song. The national televised show will feature 175 screeching kids (and some adults) surrounding Buck all standing in the sun, squintting and sweating like crazy.

The show airs August 27th – you don’t want to miss it!