Friday, June 17, 2005

Go to your happy place.

I think it’s interesting how some people become so obsessed with hating Bakersfield. Does this happen with other cities? Is there some town in Alabama that all the other towns love to pick on? Like I’ve said before, Bakersfield is no San Diego, but it’s not the worst place in the world either. I can think of a lot of other cities I think would be worse. But then again, maybe they wouldn’t. I don’t think it matters where you are - if you’re happy, you’re happy and if you’re not, you’re not. I don’t care where you live – that’s just the way it is.

That is the only explanation for a person who hates Bakersfield and all things Kern SO MUCH he literally makes a hobby of it. Something really awful must have happened to him here and he is really unhappy. I am sorry for that.

I find it fascinating that this person would take the time to read my blog and go to the effort of commenting just to try to irritate me. He doesn’t even know me. Have you ever wanted to irritate someone you don’t even know? Have you ever hated an entire city of people simply because they live there? I know I haven’t. Sounds kinda Hitleresque to me.

In case you missed it, this is some of what Jed had to say:

“I enjoy irritating Kern morons, be they the okie-dokes, the pigs, the oil scum, the Kern chester judges, farm boys, the gangstas, or the 1000s of cheap hos: it's one of my hobbies. Here, on the Galifornian, the Blackboard (ize a reg there), Wasted High, Lamotopia, my blog, other Kern crap sites.”

Isn’t that sad? To make a hobby out hating Kern County seems sort of pathetic to me. I hope you find happiness somewhere Jed – and trust me, you will not be missed in Bakersfield.