Monday, September 26, 2005

Filling in the Gaps

I’ve been checking out some of the Bakersfield Californian blogs lately, and it’s pretty interesting. There are a handful of people who are positively obsessed with the “Talk of the Town” blog and comment prolifically. (I wonder if they work there.) They take a side and argue like crazy, insulting each other’s intelligence and speculating on each other's sexual orientation. It’s pretty funny.

I’ve commented a couple of times myself. Blog facilitator Steve Swenson got all snotty with me when I pointed out the people commenting on the blog are not considered bloggers. They are readers. The person/s writing and posting is the blogger. Apparently he didn’t appreciate me making the correction.

It’s interesting to see which posts really gets peoples panties in a bunch. The question about legalizing gay marriage received hundreds of replies. (I’ll let you use your imagination with that one.) There is a “Right Thinking” blog but no “Left Thinking” blog. Apparently Bakersfield.com isn’t really interested in providing a forum for ALL their users. They have a blog devoted to the northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest, but none for Oildale or downtown residents.

So, for all you people who feel left out of the Californian’s blogs – Welcome to Bake Town!