Monday, September 26, 2005

Shoes on a wire.



The rain started to come down pretty good, so I thought I would go for a walk cuz it's nice to walk in the rain and I don't get the chance very often. Of course I took my trusty camera along.

The first thing I did was take the picture you see above. I've been meaning to take a picture of these shoes for a long time now; ever since they first showed up hanging from the wire a few months ago. The thing is, I keep seeing this all over town, and I don’t get it. Is someone throwing another person’s shoes up there as a cruel joke or a prank? Or is some kid tossing up the shoes mark their territory or something? What’s the point?

What ever it is, the act of hanging shoes from a wire seems to be very popular lately. I few blocks later I took this picture.