Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Peeling my ass off the couch

Okay, I admit it – I’ve been slacking. I have no excuse. Still, ya’ll shouldn’t feel bad about me neglecting you; I’ve been neglecting everything – especially my laundry, which has now taken over my house and is forcing me to relocate to the garage. I plan to stage my coup this weekend.

There has been some interesting stuff going on around town lately and I promis to blog about it, but for now I'm going to stick to the most obivious stuff. It’s been raining like crazy and of course all hell breaks loose every time it rains around here. The streets are flooded, electricity is out in some places, and there was a big accident on the grapevine. I listened to the news Monday morning while I got ready for work, and the weather man said there was a storm coming, but that we would probably only see a few drops of it. That dude needs to go back to weather school.

Diving in the rain in Bakersfield is scary because the people here are so unfamiliar with it that they forget that rain makes the streets wet and therefore dangerous. They continue to barrel down the road in their two ton pickups making the streets treacherous for me and my little car. To make matters worse I had to drive to Oildale to pick up my new phone. (Yeah! My new phone is here!) Right as I crossed over the river the rain started really coming down. Negotiating Norris Road in the dark and in the rain is not an easy thing to do.

Luckily I made it home safe and spent the rest of the evening playing with my new phone. The first thing I noticed was that it didn’t have a charger. Then I realized that it did indeed have a charger, but was a crazy European style charger, and I wasn’t about to try and stick that thing into my plug, so I went and bought a regular, American Style charger. There also seems to be a tiny problem with the memory card, but other than that every thing is great and I can’t wait to start posting pics with my new phone.

Look out John Q Public. I’m out there and I’m not afraid to blog about it.