Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fire Watch

I took the day off yesterday to take Paul to UCLA for a checkup.  His eyeball is looking good, which was great news.  His vision is now 20/40 in that eye and it looks like that may be as good as it gets.  Sometimes the vision is corrected to 20/20, but it the doc said Paul’s vision had stabilized.  That’s kind of a bummer but I guess we can’t complain.  20/40 is a heck of a lot better than 20/800, which is what he had before.  

As we were leaving LA we could see an enormous smoke cloud in the sky.  As we drove along I5 it became apparent it was wildfire near the highway.  I worried that the road would be closed, but it was far enough away not be a problem   Nevertheless it was close enough to get a real good look at it.  I could see the flames.  I had never seen anything like that.  It kind of creeped me out.  

When I got home I looked for information about the fire on the news but I found none.  Does anybody know anything about it?