Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hank Will Make You Dance

I went to see Hank Williams III last night at The Dome. I’m not particularly crazy about The Dome, but I wasn’t going to pass up the chance to see a Hank Williams show. When got there I was none too pleased to see the show wasn’t even in The Dome, but in the little sort of bar area next to it. It was tiny and hot and very crowded. I didn’t get to see Hank 3 much but I did see a lot of cowboy hats. The heat didn’t keep me from dancing to Hank’s tunes, which I can only describe as kick ass country. They also had sort of a bluegrass feel going on. Whatever it was I liked it. I have been to a show like that since I’m really more of a rocker chick, but I had a great time. I could see some people feeling a little uncomfortable though. The crowd was definitely “hellbilly.”

If you ever get the chance I highly recommend checking it out.