Saturday, November 11, 2006

I woke up naked this morning.

I haven’t done that in a while because I was still using my summer sheets. In case you don’t know what that means, my summer sheets are my 1000 count cotton sheets. They’re very cool and soft and I love them. I believe that good sheets are worth every penny. But they’re summer sheets - which means they’re great in the summer, but not so much in the winter. So yesterday one of my chores was to switch my summer cotton sheets to my winter flannel sheets.

I think the best way to enjoy good sheets is to sleep naked. I’m not trying to be titillating (although the word titillating IS sort of exciting.) Pajamas just get in the way. When I woke up today I felt like I was curled up in a warm, soft, comfy little pocket - like a baby kangaroo in her mother’s poach. I could feel the cool air all around me, and the heavy warmth of my blankets on top of me. I think that is one of the best feelings in the world.

That is until I had to get up to pee. Then I froze my ass off.