Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Watch out for the cops!

I got a ticket this morning on the way to work. I haven’t had a ticket in years and I’ve never had one for running a stop sign. I didn’t really run the stop sign so much as not come to a full complete stop. It was more of a California roll. The thing that irritates me about it is that it happened at the Garces circle. The cop was hiding out at the auto repair shop on the corner of 30th street. When I got to the stop sign I saw that there was a break in the traffic so I went for it while I could. It’s a circle! There’s yielding and merging going on all over the place.

When I got to work I heard that the cop had been there for the last few days nailing people. I wonder if it’s the same dude I saw hiding out every morning on 23rd street waiting to catch people run the stop sign on C.

I thought it was against the law to set up traps like that.