Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth?

On a recent trip to Vegas my friends and I took a short tour of a few bars in town. The first one was a swanky vodka bar in Mandalay Bay called Red Square. All the martini's were thirteen dollars. They were good, but it was also crowded and no body wanted to spend thirteen bucks a piece for drinks, so we left. I took pictures in there, but the lighting was weird and they didn't come out good.

Next we went to the diviest of dive bars ever called The Double Down. I felt much more at home here. You know, being from Bakersfield and all.




Despite what you might think, The Double Down, not Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth.




It was easy to see why. I really loved what they did with the décor, Posters proudly advertized Double Down Zippos, and Puke Insurance. There was also a I heart Mormons bumpersticker, which I thought was very sweet. Hey, wait a minute.....




Décor aside, the real reason we came to The Double Down was to sample its most famous drink of all. Ass Juice.



As it turns out, Ass Juice consists of some mysterious brown liquid and a Schilitz on the side. And during Happy Hour you can pick up this tasty treat for just $3.00. That's a big improvement over a $13.00 martini.



Of course, if you really want to share you're love of Ass Juice, you can always pick up a T-shirt like this fine fellow. And hey - don't forget the kids back home!




After all that Ass Juice I had to excuse myself to go to the little girls room. You can imagine my surprise when I saw a sticker for a Bakersfield band on the wall.



I couldn't think of a more appropriate place.