Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More Man!

I have to admit the reason I have been neglecting y’all so much lately is because I have a problem. I’m not afraid to admit it. I can only pray that there is hope out there for me. Are you sitting down? Okay, here it is. I have an obsessive compulsion to read about all things Mormon. I know, it’s weird right? It’s not because I want to be a Mormon, in fact, that couldn’t farther from the truth. I just have this sick fascination with it. My apologies to all you Mormons out there. I don’t have anything against them. I have many Mormon friends. They are lovely people. Freakishly so in fact. I have never met a Mormon that wasn’t the nicest person in the room. I think its something they put in the water.

I think my problem first developed about ten years ago when the family car broke down in Provo, Utah. I went to the book store to find something to read and discovered there was nothing but Mormon literature. Seriously. There was not one book that didn’t have something to do with Mormonism. I don’t know if all the bookstores in Utah are like that, but the only one I found was. So I bought a book about LDS history. Ever since then I’ve been hooked.

I recently finished the book No Man Knows My History, which I found very interesting. I also watched the PBS series The Mormons. If you missed it you can watch it online. I’m trying to share my problem. I don’t want to be alone.

Okay, I have to go now. I need a fix.