Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Very Merry Un-Birthday To ME!

Today is the three year anniversary of my blog. You remember my blog right? That thing I used to write everyday? You know the one, where I talk a lot of crap about what's going on in town, share old school stories about going up in Bakersfield, and occasionally drop little random tid-bits about my life. Sound familiar?

There have been many times over the past three years when I've sort of shut down for one reason or another. Blogging every day is great in many ways, and I have met many, many wonderful people because of it. But, it also wears on me sometimes. I'm just glad I don't this for a living, cause my skinny ass would be broke by now. More power to ya Dooce, but I'm going to keep my day job.

I think the first time I really shut down for any length of time was when I found out my son was going blind and it was all my fault cause I totally sucked as a parent. Or something like that. That one of the hardest times in my life. Interestingly enough, this little blog of mine was actually born from another difficult time in my life. I won't bore you with the details, just suffice it to say involved a man and the results sucked ass. For me anyway.

Nonetheless, this blog of mine has come to mean a great deal to me. I've made many, many friends. Some of them I've even actually met in person. Like Donna, my hot new attorney friend from LA who's moving to Bakersfield now because she loves me so much. Or, because she got a job here. Whatever.

Anyway, the point is I've gained a lot from this experience and I want to thank you all for tuning in, and listening, and commenting, and becoming my own little internet family. I totally dig the fact that I'm friends with a dude named Seven, but I've never even met him. Or that get to read about the life of a Japanese guy on the other side of the country named Ken, recently married to a lovely woman named Amy. And I love how random strangers will call me Bake Town sometimes because they don't know my real name. The whole blog thing has been a great experience for me, and I apologize for not having been sharing the love with y'all lately. It's not you. It's me. I'm not breaking up with you, I promise. I just needed a little space.

So I can look back and see how much I appreciate my internet friends.

Happy 3rd Anniversary.