Friday, October 05, 2007

Critic's Corner



The Heartbreak Kid has always been my favorite movie. I have probably seen that movie a hundred times. It never fails to crack me up completely. People don’t like watching it with me much because I practically have the whole thing memorized. “Honey. Honey! Don’t stick a Milky Way in someone’s face when they don’t want one.” I could go on for days – just ask Flo. “It is SO hot out here! SO hot! You are SO lucky to be in that nice air-conditioned room.!” If you haven’t seen this movie I suggest you rent it immediately. I borrowed it from my brother once and took 15 years to return it.

It is with much trepidation and a little excitement that I plan to go see the new version tomorrow. Part me thinks it’s cool because, hey, it’s a great flick. But the other part of me thinks no way man! Don’t mess with a masterpiece. I can already tell I’ll be irritated with some of the plot changes and despite my own personal fondness for profanity (just kidding mom!) I hate the fact that the reviews are calling it vulgar. I’ll let you know what I think after I see it.

I hope y’all can sleep tonight.