Thursday, October 04, 2007

Tortoise Explosion!

The Desert Tortoise stork has been very good to us. Yesterday he delivered three more hatchlings. These are the smallest ever. I want to name them Vera, Chuck, and Dave, but I don't get to. I've already found a home for one of the little critters.



Oscar gave me my very first Desert Tortoise right after we graduated from high school. Tank had been in his family for years. I still feel bad about the way Tank died. Oscar was shocked when I told him how many tortoises we have now and he asked me where they were all coming from. I told him Paul's dad had a friend with a bunch of adult tortoises and apparently they breed like rabbits. You know that fable about The Tortoise and The Hare? Now we know why he was moving so slow.



And of course, no blog about tortoises is complete with out a butt shot.