Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Never Forget

A long time reader and friend forward this email to me and asked me to post it on my blog. Here ya go Todd! Thanks for the heads up!

Hello All,

I am sending this open invitation out to all in my email list, from friends to past baseball team parents. Friday is Dec. 7th, Pearl Harbor Day. I wanted to invite everyone, that includes anyone you all may know that may want to attend to be at Union Cemetery at 0930AM for a wreath placing ceremony. I a not sure, but I think there will only be one Pearl Harbor Survivor from Kern County at the wreath ceremony this year, it would be great if there was support for him, to let him know we have not forgotten.

A scrapbook from the Bakersfield Chapter of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Club will be handed over to the Kern County Museum for an exhibit on this day, I plan on letting the members of the Survivors hand it over. Please forward to anyone you feel would want to come out, and I hope you all can make time in your schedule to honor those who fell and those who lived through December 7, 1941 in Pearl Harbor.

Thank you,

Jim Wensley