Monday, January 14, 2008

Put that out!

Oscar and I were driving some where the other day when we spotted a woman puffing away madly on a cigarette in a car full of children. We both commented on how wrong it is for people to do that and I said they should make it illegal. Apparently they did. I had no idea that California passed a law making it illegal to smoke in a car when there are minors present. Huh. Did I miss something?

Apparently it’s quite a controversial law. I can sort of see why people would oppose it, but I can’t help but think its good idea. I don’t care if people smoke, but they shouldn’t do it around children who are virtually held hostage in the back seat. I see it all the time and that’s messed up.

At least let the kids get old enough to smoke the cigarettes themselves.