Friday, June 06, 2008

Screw that! The law, I mean.

Call me a liberal wacko, but I really don’t get why some people get so crazy over the idea that gay people be allowed to marry. Honestly, I couldn’t give a rat’s ass. How does a couple of homos getting married somehow make my marriage less sacred? My marriage is sacred because we have promised to love, honor and cherish each other only and asked God to bless it. It has nothing to do with what my neighbors are doing.

Unfortunately, our local Auditor-Controller, the chick in charge of marriage licenses amongst other things, doesn’t see it that way. The press has been all up in her grill about what she is going to do when the new law goes into effect on June 13. Today, we found out. Ann Barnett has chosen to not perform any more marriage ceremonies for anyone - gay or straight. Seriously, that woman needs to remove the stick from her butt.

I find this news a little more upsetting than I normally would I think because Oscar and I recently got married at the county clerk’s office. It makes me mad to think we wouldn’t be able to have a quick, affordable wedding just because some witch hates gays. If she doesn’t want to do her job, we need to find someone else to do it for her.

I doubt she’d be hard to replace.