Saturday, August 02, 2008

Alive and VERY Well!

Hello friends! My apologies for my long absence, but I can assure you I have been very, very busy. Not having a laptop puts a damper on blogging and I always forget to Twitter. I will try to do better but I can't promise anything. I've discovered that having a brief engagement translates into the first year of marriage looking like one very long honeymoon. (If you have the chance I highly recommend it.)

Anywho, I haven't forgotten about you my dear readers, and I've been taking pictures like crazy. Here is just a small sample of what I've been up to when I'm not at work of course.


I learned how to race Go-Carts and I was actually in a real race! (sorta)




I watched my son graduate from BHS - with honors!



I stayed cool in our fancy $70 inflatable pool.



Complete with my very own homemade chlorine float made from a rubber chicken and an empty milk jug. Okie enuf fer y'all?




Oscar and I spent a couple of weeks in Kernville where he mutilated a tree for me.




I attended the WHS Ladies 40th Birthday luncheon and actually had a pretty good time.



I spent three weeks in Pismo and ate a pile of crab.


And of course while we were there we enjoyed some Splash Cafe clam chowder on the pier.


And watched the surfers!


We also experimented with BBQ'ing pizza. There is just one word for it...YUM!




We also played a WHOLE LOT of Scrabble this summer.



I spent one whole week enjoying the hotel pool and catching up on my reading.



And Oscar enjoyed the awesome hot tub waterfall.



Then we went back to Kernville to enjoy the river one last time before summer ends.




Even our dog Rita had a good time.


And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Plenty more pictures and blogging to come now that we have returned to reality.

Sorry to disappoint, but there are no new "chairs at the table" just yet, but trust me - we're working on it! :-P