Monday, January 10, 2005

Feeling Ill

It has been raining on and off for days now. This is the first time I can recall when I looked at the weather forecast in the local section it showed rain showers for every day of the week. I love the rain, but I do not love the worms. The sidewalk from my building to the other building at work is covered in worms. I try very hard not to step on them as I tip toe across the walkway. Most people don’t care and just step on them and smash them. It’s so gross. The worst part of all is the smell. They rot and they reek and I can not talk about this anymore cuz I’m starting to gag. Does this happen in Portland where it rains all the time? If so, how can you stand it?

Speaking of Portland, my dear friend Waist High recently informed me of another Bakersfield Blog she has discovered. Bakersfield Ill News is a younger, hipper blog about the music scene in town. If you are looking for information on local bands, this is the place to go.

3 comments:

  1. The guy that write Bakersfield Ill News isn't that much younger, and he is soooo not hip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know. I hate feeling like such a granny. JR - do I know you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt it, but everytime I meet someone new they swear they know me or that I look exactly like they're brother in law. I guess I have one of those faces. JR

    ReplyDelete