Monday, January 31, 2005

Joe's Short List

All right! We got ourselves another Top Ten Places to go in Bakersfield. Well, sort of. I wouldn’t know Joe Nobody if I ran into him on the street with my car, but I get the feeling he hasn’t been around here much lately, so he was only able to come up with five. I should boycott the whole thing for being such a lameo, but he seems like a nice guy so I’ll make an exception.

1. The Pantry on Brundage. Good cheap biscuits and gravy without the Zingo's trucker chic. (B.T. Note – he actually said “The Panty” but figured he’s not really that big of a perv and fixed the typo. Let me know if I'm wrong Joe.)

2. The Bluffs. A view only a person from Bakersfield can love.

3. Smiths Bakery’s. It's all about the Beehive. (B.T. Note – I think he’s talking about the pastry, not the hair-do’s of the women behind the counter. Again, let me know if I'm out of line.)

4. The Silver Fox. Because the Padre is closed.

5. The Kern River Canyon. Cool, fun and dangerous.