Monday, January 31, 2005

Keep Bakersfield Beautiful

I’ve added a new link to the Bake-N-Bits called Bake Beauty. I’ve done some work with the Keep Bakersfield Beautiful committee in the past. As a matter of fact, see the pictures of the KCSOS kids painting over the graffiti? They weren’t the only people there. I painted over several walls myself that day and ruined my favorite pair of overalls in the process. It was worth it. I had a great time and enjoyed my visit to the Chiropractor the next day.

I bring all this up now because I received an email today asking for volunteers for an upcoming project. Here’s the email:

The City of Bakersfield is looking for exuberant volunteers to plant trees on Saturday February 12 and 26, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 12 p.m.

These plantings will benefit the senior citizens of the Kern City.

If you are Interested in participating in one of these events or even future events, please contact Paul Graham at 326-3147 or via E-mail at pgraham@ci.bakersfield.ca.us

I encourage any of you with the time and the interest to sign up. It really is a lot of fun, and you’ll feel better about yourself and our community.

If you don’t want to volunteer you can….go hug a tree.