Monday, May 15, 2006

Come out, come out, where ever you are!

I woke up early this morning and turned on the news just like I always do.  I listen to the reports as I scurry about making coffee and watering my plants.   Today KGET had live coverage of a SWAT team in McFarland.  A man had been found shot in the street somewhere around 2:00 A.M.  The man they believed shot the guy was barricaded in the house.  They set up camp and carefully tried to extract the man.  Cameramen hovered nearby ready to catch the action.  

I one point my ears perked up when I heard the news man announce that the victim had was out of surgery and recovering nicely.  “Wow” I thought, “They haven’t even gotten that dude out of the house yet and the victim is recuperating?  How long does it take?”
I looked that the clock and saw that is was after 6:00.  

A little while later I heard the news man say that the SWAT team had finally entered the house.  Not finding the suspect in any of the usual places, they were sending someone into the attic to search for him.  A few minutes later they confirmed that there was no one in the house.   Doh!

I guess that gives the suspect a good four hour head start.  I hope he made good use of his time.