Tuesday, September 14, 2004

No rest for the weary



The inhabitants of this house are reason I was unable to wake up before 11:00 today. It’s some sorta half-way house for women. I don’t really know, but I didn't think it would be very prudent for me to march right up and ask. I just see groups of women sitting around picknic tables smoking cigarettes day and night, so I assumed it’s a half-way house.

Anyway, last night at least two of the women got into a fight. A very loud fight. I don’t even live very near this house, but I could hear them clearly. One called the other a “white cracker bleep” to which she relpyed “F-you you N-word bleep.” Kinda hard to drift off into a blissful slumber with that going on.

So I lay awake and listened with mild alarm and wicked amusement waiting for the police to come and haul them both away. Time passes, more yelling. Surely someone had called the police. More time passes, a little more yelling. Maybe I should call the police. Things seem to quite down then pick back up again – will it ever end? I finally got up and shut my window.

I’ll be glad when they shut that place down.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:49 PM

    And that is actually a pretty nice neighborhood in Bakersfield.

    ReplyDelete