Friday, September 03, 2004

Pass Flash


© bakersfield.com

You know it’s time to ‘get a life’ when you get all excited that you received a “Press Pass” in the mail. That’s what happened to me yesterday. Because I signed up to have the paper delivered, they sent me a card to save up to 20% at 125 local restaurants and retail establishments. Woo hoo! On the card is the famous Bakersfield Bridge over a plate of food that appears to be a nasty looking sausage covered in some creamy sauce with tiny pieces of cucumber. Not the most appetizing meal I’ve ever seen, but I won't let that deter me from using it. At the bottom there is a 24 hour hotline phone number for updates. How exciting! I can hardly wait to get out there and start spending.

Not much else going on around Bake Town today. In the Local section of the paper there are precisely four articles dealing with local news and one picture of the “summer fog” (a.k.a.– smog) from the Bluffs.

In the “Eye Street” section I see that “Really Big Midgets’ is playing at the Bellvedere again, and there’s a new Salvadorian restaurant in town. (I hope it takes my press pass!) Oh, and turns out Hall & Oates will not be coming to Bake Town this October. Sigh.

That’s it for today folks, I have a lot of running around to do. I promise to take my camera with me, so keeps those requests coming.