Thursday, October 13, 2005

#1 and #2 at the same time!

The Bakersfield Californian has an article on the front page of the paper today telling us ONCE AGAIN that college graduates move OUT of Bakersfield, not into it, resulting in a relatively low IQ overall. This would bother me if it weren’t for the fact that I am a college graduate, which means I have more education than most of the people I run into, and explains why I so many of them seem so stupid.

Speaking of being slow, the housing market is beginning to level out, which means the beginning of the end of Bakersfield’s BIG housing Boom! From 2004 to 2005 home prices increased 33 percent, pushing the city into the lime light as the “Number One” hottest real estate market in the nation. Woo Hoo!! We’re #1! We’re #1! Even so, Bakersfield still has some of the most affordable housing in the state…

which makes living in city with bad air and deplorable weather a little easier to take.