Saturday, January 29, 2005

Waist High's Top Ten List


#1 - West High School. circa 1986. 'Nuff said.

#2. Mexicali West. There are three in town.
One on the east side, one on the west side, and
one downtown. The food is consistantly great
at all three.

#3. Amestoy's - Frank Amestoy himself poses
with W.H. This is a bar on River Blvd well
known for its strong, cheap drinks.

#4. Joesph's is located in central Bakersfield near
the old Montgomery Ward. It is everything you'd
expect a local, family owned, Italian resturant
to be. Great place.

#5. Gutherie's Alley Cat. The above picture was
obviously taken a long time ago. It appears as
if a conversation is taking place.

# 7. Dewar's - For a Black & White. Yummy.

#8. Mr. Tibbs Ribs. This is a view of the smoker
in the parking lot. I have to agree, this is some
of the best BBQ anywhere (which I why I think
they should cater the reunion.)

Sorry we don't have pictures for the last two...

#9. Wool Growers. World famous Basque resturant. The food is good, but the bar is better.

#10. In-N-Out on Panaman Lane. I have to agree that they have the best burgers in the world, but why not got to the one on Stockdale Hwy??

So, there you have it. Nice work Waist Hight. I'm still waiting for the rest of you to send me your lists. They don't have to have pictures!



1 comment:

  1. Send me your top ten! I'll post it.
    So - what do you think W.H? Link up sista.

    ReplyDelete